Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Week 30: Called to be a "Dad" and Relief Society Pres at the same time!?!

Editor's note:  If you aren't familiar with the "Relief Society", it is the LDS Church's women's service organization.  All women in the church are part of the Relief Society which is led by all female leadership.

Well big news this week is that I have a new comp and it will be his
first transfer here in Portugal.  So I am training or as missionaries
like to say I will be a dad.  Also I am staying in Alverca for another
6 weeks which is exciting.  I am also now the new district leader and
since all that is in my district is sisters, I am now also the
"President of the Relief society. haha A calling that I never thought
that I would have.  So right now I am waiting for a couple days until
my new comp Elder Sutton gets here from the MTC with the zone leaders
which is cool that I will get to get to know them a little better
especially now that I will talk to them a lot more. We got to see a
bunch of the missionaries that are going home because we were at the
office which was fun and we helped with some of the chaos today which
was fun and involved running to the train station with super heavy
sister bags.  But because of all this chaos I dont have much time this
week.

I am super excited and nervous for the new changes but it really is
exactly what I wanted to have happen.  I am ready to start calling all
the shots and being in charge again.   It will be cool to have a comp
that I can help learn and I can really push as hard as I can with him.
Plus I get more time to study the language now which will be great.

Haha that is true it looks painful on most dancers.  haha Dang I
missed out on Pie day.  I had no idea.  Thanks for the little lesson
on ministering to others I will do my best to apply that more in my
work especially now that I have to minister to sister missionaries
too.  I have never seen a moose outside of Yellowstone.  that Is crazy
they have them in the back yard.

Well we had a baptism in the ward that was really awesome. I got to
confirm her and everything.  More big news is that for her baptism
which was also the baptism of another man so there were quite a bit of
people there I played the piano including prelude the opening hymn and
a bunch of others while they were changing clothes.  It wasent good
but I got through it and it was fun.  I had to site read a couple
songs and I am pretty proud of how it turned out. Unfortunatly Berta
(the lady who we baptised) will be moving down to africa this week but
she is ready and excited to search out the church there.

I am excited to be able to be the district leader and train Elder
Sutton.  I am looking forward to the challenge.  We have conceicao who
is really close to being baptized and we are really going to do all
that we can to find lots of new investigators this week.  but of
course I wont even be in my own area for the majority of the week with
all the new missonary stuff that I have to do.

Thank you so much for all of the awesome pictures and great stories.
sorry that I didnt have time to get back to all of you very well.

Love you all have a good week.
Elder Hobson

No comments:

Post a Comment