Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Week 38 Fun week after Mother's Day Skype

Well this was a fun week. as I talked a little with you about on Skype
we have been really just inviting everyone to be baptised and it is
pretty fun and a really useful way to see if the person is really
interested or if they are going to shut the door on us quickly.  We
were at a lunch with some members and I was sitting on a couch next to
Bete and she told me that I would be recieve my recompence for the
service that I am doing to help develop ole elder sutton into a
missionary and a man.  It was cool that she is able to see some
improvement it helps to know that the efforts are paying off.  I have
definatly been learning alot about how i can teach by my example and
do be a loving leader when I have do really apply that scripture of
sharp reproofs and and A SHOW of INCREASED
love afterwards.  not easy but it is a commanment and is nessicary for
us to be exalted.  I am greatful for all the experiences that the lord
has trusted me with to help me grow and to be able to try and help
others around me grow as well.

Figureing out how to love everyone is one of the biggest struggles for
me every day.  It really is not easy for me when someone is does not
even respond to us or answer our questions when we need directions or
some sort of help or when I am talking to someone and it is going well
and then the spouse or some sort of friend comes up and slams the door
or takes them away.  I try to think how Christ was able to love his
people when the spit apon him and denied him, betraying him to death,
that is one christlike attribute that I still need to work on becuase
I often get the ugre to hit those people still. Good thing I always
have a comp to keep me from doing that!  and christ did it all alone.

Ola Presidente
Esta semana tivemos nossa marchado caiu porque ela não foi a igreja.
Ela ficou doente e também ficou com temor para falar com as familiares
sobre a decisão dela. Quando ela cancelo nosso compromisso com ela
para sábado a noite em nossa ligação de verificar o compromisso sábado
de manha nos oferecemos para dar uma benção de saudê e ela finalmente
aceitou mas estava a dormir e não abriu a porta para nos na hora que
ela escolheu.  depois ligamos de novo Domingo de manha e ela ainda
estava muito doente e dizemos que podemos dar a benção agora mas ela
estava na casa da filha dela fora de Alverca.  Ela ainda vai ser
batizado.  Para melhorar esta vez nos vamos ensinar mais com outros
membros que vão nos ajuda a lutar nos momentos mais importante  em vez
de só aceitar desculpas.

Elder Sutton's training is continuing to improve.  The 12 weeks fit
his needs perfectly this week because we were teaching the comandments
at the beginning of the week and he did not feel comfortable with his
understanding at that point to teach them but we have studied them all
together this week and he has shown much more confidence in the
lessons.  We were really motivated by the zone leaders semana de fé
desafio and we did all that we could to put everything in practice and
exceed the expectations that they had set to show our faith that we
will baptize.  We saw lots of small miracles and I leared alot about
what it really means to be a challenging missionary and I really feel
that the way I will go about the rest of my mission has taken a turn
this week.

So this week I have been studying about Nefi and how his brothers were
so ignorant and they would rebel and then have a divine manifestation
that brought them unto repentance just to quickly fall back into sin
and murmering.  It makes me think about how frustrating it can be when
the people we come to love from being out here working with them do
not improve even after the perfect scripture to answer their question
or the most spiritually powerful lesson or experince that does not get
them to actually do anything.  Knowing that pain and saddness it gives
me a lot of respect for Nefi as he was able to pass through that
throughout his entire life with his own brothers and always continue
to treat them with love.  Even after being tied up for 4 days exposed
to a strom that was literally directly coming from the wrath of God,
and then be able to fall to his knees and ask for a blessing apon for
the storm to pass so that they could be saved, doing so without
thinking of his own pains or bitterness against his brothers for their
foolishness, and then staying in prayer, for an extended period of
time, to bless them all and calm the storm.  and always continue to
try to help them when they are always trying to kill him.  I hope that
i can show a little bit of the same love when dealing with people in
my lifetime.  I love the scriptures and all the things that I get to
learn from them every day.  I hope we are all taking advantage of what
we have been blessed with.  enjoy the week!

Com amor
Elder Hobson

No comments:

Post a Comment