Monday, December 22, 2014

Week 17: Rosaria and Maria


This week has been a lot of fun.  We have been busy with all the christmas stuff but it has been a great finding tool and I have been trying to make it so that we can follow up with everyone and begin to teach lessons.  It also has been nice because we have been able to get even more member help with some of our young men haveing more time to spend with us during the day being out of class.  This week through the our time in studies and working I have really learned alot about love and how amazing of an attribute that is of Christ.  Of course with the atonement being the greatest display of love possible.  I am trying to find that love for everyone that we talk to on the street, my companion and our other investigators.  With focusing on just loving them and only wanting to help them has helped me to be less selfish and I have already felt the difference in my life with more happiness and a more powerful presence of the spirit and have seen it change how people are reacting to us in contacts.  I have been reminded through this that the gospel is a message of happiness and love and that we need to have these qualities constantly with us in order to be able to not only share it but have people have a desire to have it in their lives more than anything else so they are willing to change their lives in order to follow Christ.   Now that my official time of training is over I am excited to have more time to be out working and being with the people. I am loving this Christmas season being able to use this time to bring people to Christ.

With one of our investigators named Rosaria who has a strong desire to be baptised but her and her husband are not married and they have a smoking problem the are struggling to quit.  We have seen some miracles with them.  First off we were trying to get her to come to church but she flat out told us no she would not be coming saturday night becuase she wanted to be home when Joao her husband got home from being gone for almost a month.  But we bore testimony and invited her to pray about what the Lord would have her do before she went to bed and she did and with our prayers included she felt a need to go to church and was there with us the next morning.  It was a testimony builder for me of the power of prayer.  Then on Sunday I got to meet Joao for the first time and they are wanting to get married but just have to pick a date.  I know that they prayers and fasting that we have done with Rosaria are playing a major role in their progress and hopefully it will continue quickly so they can be baptised.

I cannot believe that you are actually having faith in the Cowboys now Dad.  But that is some pretty impressive sounding stuff keep me updated on the impending injuries or prision or something that is bowned to mess it up.  one of us has to be pessamistic or it would be to weird. 

so this week we have had some progress with Maria she made it to church and we have gotten her over her fear of getting into the water, becuase she does not want to get sick since it is winter and I am pretty sure she has not be in water like that in  many years.  The coolest thing has been teaching her how to pray.  She was really having a hard time beingable to get passed saying memorized prayers but eventually with a lot of time and effort we got her to say her very own prayer and it was really cool to hear her have a real conversation with God as we had told her is was so many times.  It was really powerful she really opened up her heart and talked about the things that are the most important to her in this life and asked for help to be able to get over the pains in her legs and she prayed fervently for her children.  She is an amazing old lady and I love her so much.  I have so much fun teaching her and I love getting to help her.  I took her some cowboy cookies and she enjoyed them.  She is soo sweet.  one time we took a member with us to her house and he coughed becuase he has a slight cold and from that day on she askes us every time if he is feeling better and if we are staying healthy.  Her love and concern for others blows me away.  She also lives on the third floor where she has to take some steep wooden stairs toget to her house and she still does it when she is 87 she is a very impressive woman to say the least and she should be getting baptised on the 4th.

I have been haveing a lot of fun with Elder Alves this week and I have been trying to always have fun and radiate the message that we are trying to share of the gospel so that people have a desire to have it with them too.  I am going to be trying to teach him english too so he can go to the US and get medical treatment for his brain problem that is kindof like epilepsy ,sorry about the spelling sound it out, that is still undiagnosed for sure after the mission.  Rosaria has a problem that is similar too and that has sparked interest for me to know more about that as a possible career, but that is not important now just a thought.

I love you all

Eu amo todos voces 

 happy holidays and merry christmas

 boas festas e feliz natal

Until Chirstmas!!!!!!

Com amor elder Hobson

No comments:

Post a Comment